A fire extinguisher needs refilling on two accounts:
First: If the fire extinguisher is used, even partially, it is useless in case of a subsequent fire scenario. Hence it is essential to get the fire extinguisher recharged immediately, without any delay.
Second: The statutory framework in the country makes it mandatory for the shell of the fire extinguisher to undergo Hydrostatic Pressure Test every 3 years.
Refilling Process by Safewiz
- The extinguisher refilling activity is carried out by skilled and trained person in a highly compromised environment.
- Broken / dis functional parts are changed with best spares.
Every Fire Extinguisher that comes to us for a refill undergoes the following standard process…
1. The Fire Extinguisher is manually discharged / fired and emptied.
2. The extinguisher is then dismantled completely; cylinder is de-stressed.
5. New extinguishing agent (powder, gas, water or foam) is filled in the cylinder through a vacuum based process that fills the cylinder with exact quantity of extinguishing agent.
3. The cylinder then is made to undergo a Hydro Static Pressure Test at 30kgf cm sq
for 2 minutes to check for leaks and the burst capacity.
6. New Discharge fitment mechanism including all new rubber seals, O rings,
and hose pipe (EPDM with 50 kg burst capacity) are attached.
7. Fire extinguisher is charged pressurized) with 99.99% pure nitrogen mixed with helium.
8. The Fire Extinguisher is then
made to go through Leak tests. The first is an inverted beaker test in water. The extinguishers also undergo a Mass Spectro Meter Helium Leak Detection Test which is the most advanced leak detection technology available currently in the world.
Best-in-class Refilling Process
Extended 1-Year Warranty
…or something like this: